Sunday 10 May 2009

Timetable ideas

Milestones:

In discussion reckoned it would be wise to aim for a half-marathon in the autumn/winter and a 10k in the summer. What dates?:
Just been looking at runnersworld website:

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/events/foundevents.asp?evntTitle=&evntDate=a%3Afut&distance=&county=101&area=&evntSurface=&sp=&v=2

10k late spring/summer:
5 July 2009 Gunnersbury Park 10k
18 July 2009 Self Transcendence 10K
13 August 2009 - Resolution 10k



Half Marathons later this year:
11 October 2009 - Royal Parks Foundation Half-Marathon
8 November 2009 - Grand Union Canal Half-Marathon

All input welcomed...

1 comment:

  1. Al

    I think the blog is an excellent idea. Now I'll be doing two new things..blogging and running.

    On the subject of new activities, I'm approaching the running in a very measured way (as if I've never done it before) because I haven't done it consistently for so long. But the great news is that with a 50 week build up I have lots of time.

    My approach was going to be to do a fair number of events. I'm a bit of an event junkie partly because they make me feel like a proper runner, also because they give me the appropriate kick up the rear end and also because you can go together but not have to run together.

    So Al, I'm all over the ideas although I may be working to a slightly slower timetable. I'm after a competitive 5k at the end of June, A 5 mile around mid August, a 10k at the start of Sept, a 10 mile mid October and a half in December. The start of Dec will be the beginning of my marathon training and so i'll probably want another half in March (I was thinking the Bath Half because it looks so good). That means that this week I'm running 4 times for 20 mins and then will gradually build up to doing 3 30 min runs a week plus by long run on a Sunday.

    That's my plan. So now, anyone fancy a 5k time trial in Richmond Park on Sat 28th June? Can I also encourage you both to come to Glasgow on Sept 6th and run the Great Scottish Run. It 's 10k or a half marathon and we could hang out with lovely lucy and have some Scottish fun.

    There is also an amazing looking half in Aviemore in October that is downhill all the way!

    Alex - the book I was talking about is 'Marathon from start to finish' by Sam Murphy.

    Anyway more anon. I'll keep my eye out for events.

    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete